Finding a Biography
Searching Library Catalogs
Iowa AEA and Grant Wood AEA passwords
Students and Parents: Iowa AEA online and Grant Wood AEA passwords are available in the library or from your classroom teacher. Thank you!
Concepts: Character and Values
As we research a person, either in history or modern day, we will be working to understand the person's character and values. In understanding the person's character and values we will recognize how these traits affect the way a person interacts in society to promote change.
Step One: Big6 Model - Task Definition
1. Define information problem.
2. Identify information needed.
- Select a biography to read about a person that sounds interesting to you. You may need to read more than one biography in order to do this.
- Use the links to the left to find good sources for biographies. If the book is not available at our school library, please talk with Mrs. Kruse to secure the book from another library.
- After selecting and reading the biography about your particular person, complete the "KW" portion of the KWL chart (attached to the right).